Since I absolutely hate taking medication, I just let it run it's course and I kid you not, the next day I was almost completely better. That never happens for me.
Here's what I did:
- Eliminate (or greatly reduce) the bad: refined sugar, caffeine, alcohol, highly processed foods.
- ACV (apple cider vinegar) 2x/ day (diluted in water... I use Bragg's organic ACV)
- Sleep! I made sure to get 8-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Meditation - yep, I definitely needed a few moments before bed to relax.
- Nightly tea - I use either Traditional Medicinals Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat or Gypsy Cold Care.
- Super healing soup - I actually think this was the main reason for my quick recoup. This soup has so much good stuff in it!
- 1 C. Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix (or a mix of lentils, split peas, and barley)
- 4 C. Water (filtered if possible)
- 1 C. Spinach or Kale - Chopped
- 1/4 C. Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 C. Celery
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 T. Fresh Ginger - Finely Chopped
- 1 T. Fresh Turmeric - Finely Chopped
- 1/4 C. Miso (I used Miso Master Mild Barley Miso)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick or a Dash of Ground Cinnamon
Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT miso to a large pot. Simmer for 45 minutes, or longer if needed (check lentils and split peas). Remove from heat. Mix miso in small bowl with some of the cooking water until smooth. Add to soup. Enjoy!
*I'm definitely not a chef by any means, but I know healthy and yummy. If you have any tips on how to make this even better, I'd love to hear it.